amavisd and centos8 compatibility

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Fri Apr 17 04:26:01 CEST 2020

* Jan Engels:

> Thanks for the hint with the wrapper script. Unfortunately I'm not
> very familiar with the internals of how amavisd processes the output
> from the unpack tools. This is for me currently too time intensive to
> debug :(

The good thing about open source software is that you can potentially
tackle problems yourself. ;-)

> Do you think it would be possible to include support for "unar" in a
> future amavisd-new release?

I won't speculate. You could offer an incentive by sponsoring payment
for a particular feature, as others have done in the past.

By the way, ClamAV versions 0.101.0 and newer are capable of scanning
RAR v5 archives, so maybe you don't need to involve UnRAR at all.

-Ralph