amavis minimal db config for whitelist/blacklist

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Thu Apr 11 16:15:58 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am using amavis with spamassassin and clamav for checking incoming mails. At the moment I am not using any database as I don't use any user specific settings but now I would like to enable the whitelist/blacklist feature of amavis so that the users can have their own whitelist/blacklist.

If I understand amavis sql documentation correctly all I need for that purpose is a lookup database with the mailaddr, users, wblist and policy tables as well as the following config:

  @lookup_sql_dsn =
   ([ 'DBI:Pg:database=mail_prefs', 'username', 'passowrd' ]);

is that it? or am I maybe missing something?

I will be using PostgreSQL as database and would like to keep the config minimal. For example I don't need custom policies just plain default.

Regards,
Mabi