Whitelist advice, correct way to minimize score

Karol Augustin karol at augustin.pl
Mon Feb 5 12:38:17 CET 2018

On 2018-02-05 11:26, chaouche yacine wrote:
> [...]

It's definitely cleaner to add this IP to SPF as it is sending email for
that domain. Than you can use whitelist_from_spf and it will cover all
spf-authenticated email from your domain, which depending on your
use-case and configuration might be a good idea.

I have for example both inbound and outbound filtering set up in case
one of my user accounts get compromised I can filter some spam before I
block the account.

I would add IP of this server to spf anyway and than use:
whitelist_from_rcvd address at example.com [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX], this way I
will whitelist e-mail coming from this server from the address(es) that
this server is sending from and also have SPF_PASS which, on it's own,
is not impacting the score much.

I believe that if you need to whitelist all your originating email
because it's hitting so many rules that is going to spam, you're doing
something wrong. But YMMV of course.

k.

--
Karol Augustin