Whitelist advice, correct way to minimize score

chaouche yacine yacinechaouche at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 12:26:59 CET 2018

From: Karol Augustin <karol at augustin.pl>
To: amavis-users at amavis.org
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Whitelist advice, correct way to minimize score

> On 2018-02-05 10:11, chaouche yacine wrote:

>> I recently had to whitelist an IP that belongs to one of our machines (kaspersky center sending reports by e-mail), but I didn't know how to do that with amavis and did it with postfix instead.
>> Is there an equivalent of 'whitelist_from_spf' for IPs ? or does it accept an IP as argument ?
>>
>> Yassine.

> I don't know what you mean whitelist_from_spf for ip addresses.

I want to allow all mail from [IP address]. This host doesn't have a domain name.

I see two solutions :
+ one is to find a 'whitelist' configuration option that understands IP addresses.
+ two is to add the IP address to my spf record.

> If you don't know the email address or want to whitelist all mail
> relayed by this host you can use:
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@* [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]

Thanks Karol, this is probably my solution 1. Although now that I think of it, I should be doing two. What do you think ?

Yassine.