Whitelist advice, correct way to minimize score

Karol Augustin karol at augustin.pl
Mon Feb 5 12:08:43 CET 2018

On 2018-02-05 10:11, chaouche yacine wrote:

> I recently had to whitelist an IP that belongs to one of our machines (kaspersky center sending reports by e-mail), but I didn't know how to do that with amavis and did it with postfix instead.
> Is there an equivalent of 'whitelist_from_spf' for IPs ? or does it accept an IP as argument ?
>
> Yassine.

I don't know what you mean whitelist_from_spf for ip addresses. If SPF
is passed you don't need sending IP/hostname to pass the email as it has
been authenticated already. If you just want to whitelist all e-mail
coming from particular machine follow these steps:

From
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

whitelist_from_rcvd addr at lists.sourceforge.net sourceforge.net
Works similarly to whitelist_from, except that in addition to matching a
sender address, a relay's rDNS name or its IP address must match too for
the whitelisting rule to fire. The first parameter is a sender's e-mail
address to whitelist, and the second is a string to match the relay's
rDNS, or its IP address. Matching is case-insensitive.

If you don't know the email address or want to whitelist all mail
relayed by this host you can use:
whitelist_from_rcvd *@* [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]

More examples:
  whitelist_from_rcvd joe at example.com  example.com