Sender notifications - disable? customize?

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Mon Nov 28 12:50:49 CET 2016

I tried setting to undef instead of 0, but warning/notices are still
sent out by amavis.  So I appear to have a problem with these settings
being overridden somewhere else(?)(or not understanding the right
settings to use) but I hope someone can still answer my other questions:

- Are there best practices advice about sender notifications?
-
- Looks like default is to have notifications ("warnings?") enabled for
attachments with banned file extensions. Doesn't this risk backscatter
problems when sender address is forged?
-
- I cannot find a way to disable them - tried setting these all to 0 but
no luck: $warnbadhsender $warnbannedsender $warn_offsite
-
- I'm having a very hard time finding documentation on any of those
settings, what exactly they do - where can I find that?
-
- Also, is there a place to customize the message body (and possibly
headers) for these notifications ("warnings?")?