Sender notifications - disable? customize?

Dominic Raferd dominic at timedicer.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 08:34:44 CET 2016

I don't think there is a way to check what the current active settings are
for amavisd-new (nothing like postconf -n) - including all defaults -
unfortunately. We can of course check our own settings with something
like: grep -r "warn" /etc/amavis/conf.d|grep -v "\s*#"

The defaults that I am aware of are:

$warnbannedsender = undef;
$warnbadhsender   = undef;
$warn_offsite     = undef;
$warnvirusrecip   = undef;
$warnbannedrecip  = undef;
$warnbadhrecip    = undef;

I presume this means there are no warnings issued unless these variables
are set explicitly, and this isn't the case with ubuntu (or I think debian)
standard installations? Are you sure that warnings are being issued by
amavisd-new on your system?