amavis-dkim: How to discard mail with no or invalid signature

Matthias Weigel matthias.weigel at maweos.de
Wed Jan 13 18:47:18 CET 2016

Hello Gerhard,

you could try a custom spamassassin rule.

These rules go into ~amavis/.spamassassin/user_prefs

There are already some SPF/DKIM rules in spamassassin. See file
25_spf.cf or 25_dkim.cf of spamassassin.

# Then you create a rule to identify your domain:
header      MY_FROM          From =~ /example.com/i
describe    MY_FROM   Sender is from example.com

# Now you create a rule to combine them:
meta     MY_FROM_WITHOUT_SPF    MY_FROM && (SPF_NONE || SPF_FAIL)
describe MY_FROM_WITHOUT_SPF  Sender is from my domain, but has no SPF
score    MY_FROM_WITHOUT_SPF  9

# or:
meta     MY_FROM_WITHOUT_DKIM   MY_FROM && !DKIM_VALID
describe MY_FROM_WITHOUT_DKIM  Sender is from my domain, but has no DKIM
score    MY_FROM_WITHOUT_DKIM  9

The high score tells amavis to quarantine such mails.

Please check, if the above criteria are really useful for you. Have a
look in /usr/share/spamassassin/ . Maybe some other criteria is more
apropriate?

Test before using this in production. See "debug-sa" parameter to amavis.

Best Regards

Matthias