Future of amavisd and reporting bugs?

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Thu Feb 25 04:10:14 CET 2016

--On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:17 AM -0500 Alex
<mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> I've been using amavisd-new for years (decades?) and noticed that it's
>>> not really maintained any longer. Marc last released a new version in
>>> 2014 and the list volume here has slowed to hardly one message per
>>> day.
>>
>> I guess you haven't read the recent list traffic, where he announced an
>> upcoming version?
>
> Yes, I've seen references to 2.10.2 and 2.11, but no real definite
> plans or a scheduled release, or a place to track bugs and code.
> Please tell me if I'm missing that.
>
> I'm not saying it's time to leave amavis. I've also noticed Marc
> posting more frequently. Just wanted to know it's evolving with the
> increased support requirements from my users.

I'm not clear why you'd think something that released as recently as 2014
was no longer being developed.  The DSPAM folks would argue dspam is still
being developed, despite the fact it has no active developers and no
release since 2012.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount