Future of amavisd and reporting bugs?

Benning, Markus ich at markusbenning.de
Wed Feb 24 17:33:47 CET 2016

On 2016-02-24 16:16, Alex wrote:
> I've been using amavisd-new for years (decades?) and noticed that it's
> not really maintained any longer. Marc last released a new version in
> 2014 and the list volume here has slowed to hardly one message per
> day.

Marc is currently preparing the next release.

> I'm working with a developer to figure out how to catch those Word
> macro viruses, and we're finding a bunch of amavisd bugs. I'd like to
> fix them, but we can't do it all on our own.
>
> There doesn't even really seem to be a place where people are
> reporting bugs and scheduling them to be fixed. Does some kind of
> bugzilla exist that I'm missing?

I posted some patches to the mailing list in the past, but it's
difficult
do keep track of such patches.
Mark almost missed to include 2 patches for the next release.

I created a repository based on the releases at:

https://github.com/benningm/amavisd-new

It could be used as a staging area to collect patches for inclusion in
upstream.

Markus

--
https://markusbenning.de/