Spam assassin with amavisd-new

jason hirsh hirshj at att.net
Tue Mar 3 15:35:12 CET 2015

I am running a FreeBSD server with Postfix Dovecot and amavisd-new  .  Going through A recent upgrade  i have come to the observation that overtime I have
messed up and install two Spamassasins    at least I believe that is what the following message us feeling me when I trie dot upgrade amavisd-new

"Installing spamassassin-3.4.0_17...
pkg-static: spamassassin-3.4.0_17 conflicts with p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_8 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic file: /usr/local/bin/sa-awl
*** Error code 70
“

I assume thefts was trying to update spamassassin-3.4.0_17   so i went and tried to delete p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_8

and go this

"pkg_delete: package 'p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_8' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
amavisd-new-2.8.0_2,1
maia-1.0.3.r1575_3
p5-FuzzyOcr-devel-3.6.0_5
“

Do is my best course of action to delete those ports and reinstall from scratch??