Spam assassin with amavisd-new

Alex Regan mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:00:10 CET 2015

Hi,

> "pkg_delete: package 'p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_8' is required by these other packages
> and may not be deinstalled:
> amavisd-new-2.8.0_2,1
> maia-1.0.3.r1575_3
> p5-FuzzyOcr-devel-3.6.0_5
>> Do is my best course of action to delete those ports and reinstall from scratch??

Yes, especially if your current installation isn't working properly and
you don't have any specific customizations/configurations in place that
would be difficult to recreate.

If you do have configuration changes made that would be difficult, I'd
suggest forcing the uninstall of both versions of spamassassin, then
just reinstalling the latest.

Regards,
Alex