amavisd with Spamassassin and vitual users in SQL?

Marc Stürmer mail at marc-stuermer.de
Wed Jan 28 08:38:29 CET 2015

  Zitat von Nick Ellson <nickolas.ellson at gmail.com>:

> I went through a number of Howto's to get a
> postfix/courier-imap/amavisd/clamav/spamassassin/SQL set up so I could
> use virtual domains and users. Learned a lot. My last bit to ferrit out
> is how I might use spamassasin to gather it's preferences in the
> heiarchial way that they suggest on the Howto with MySQL.
>    From what I gather, having SA run from Amavis, certain options in the
> local.cf[1] file are ignored in favor of how Amavis executes and handles
> spam.

  Well if you want to give your users those nuts and bolts to adjust, this
is the way to go, right. Some webmailers also include modules for those
settings, e.h. Horde and Roundcube AFAIK.

Personally I don't give my users those options because in my experience
they will sooner or later break the sane defaults into something worse and
will by crying then loudly for support.

If they want to play with their mail, they can use SIEVE instead.

BTW, if you are still running Courier, you could consider switching over to
Dovecot. There's nothing in Courier which Dovecot cannot do and more, and
Dovecot is by far the superior IMAP-package compared to Cyrus and Courier.

Links:
------
[1] http://local.cf