amavisd with Spamassassin and vitual users in SQL?

Nick Ellson nickolas.ellson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:57:50 CET 2015

I went through a number of Howto's to get a
postfix/courier-imap/amavisd/clamav/spamassassin/SQL set up so I could use
virtual domains and users. Learned a lot. My last bit to ferrit out is how
I might use spamassasin to gather it's preferences in the heiarchial way
that they suggest on the Howto with MySQL.

>From what I gather, having SA run from Amavis, certain options in the
local.cf file are ignored in favor of how Amavis executes and handles spam.

Would I be looking at staying with Amavis to get SA to use SQL, or is there
a better way to do this bit so that SQL can be used?

https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSQL was the howto I set up to try
and use, if that helps.

Nick :-)