false positive : BANNED contents (text/plain,.exe)

Alexandre Ellert aellert at numeezy.com
Wed Oct 1 15:13:01 CEST 2014

Le 1 oct. 2014 à 14:55, Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> a écrit :

> For some reason your file(1) utility considered that particular
> text/plain mail part to be some sort of an executable file.
> Search the log for 'p.path' and 'File-type of' (log level 4).
>
> Try a newer version of the file(1) utility. As far as I can tell
> the recent ones do not treat your sample as an executable.
>
>  Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your answer.
I use Debian OS and see there is a backport package available for the file utility.
So I’ve just upgraded from 5.11 to 5.17.

Is there a way to test, without asking and disturbing the original poster to resend, and send the email present in my quarantine through amavis filter ?

Alexandre