How do I release an email from SQL quarantine?

Benedict White Benedict.White at cse-ltd.co.uk
Tue Aug 6 23:32:47 CEST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Scotter [mailto:amavis-users at spectrumcs.net]
Sent: 06 August 2013 21:11
To: Benedict White; amavis-users at amavis.org
Subject: Re: How do I release an email from SQL quarantine?

Hi,

# amavisd-release
Not enough arguments

amavisd-release version 2
Usage:  $ amavisd-release mail_file [secret_id [alt_recip1 alt_recip2 ...]]
  or to read request lines from stdin:  $ amavisd-release -

------

You need to specifiy the mail id and the secrit id (if auth_required_release is set to one in your amavisd policy, which it appears to be).

eg...

# amavisd-release 9aWgrIHlPPNR xBO71beqkObS (where 9aWgrIHlPPNR is a mail id and xBO71beqkObS is the messages secret id)

Many thanks, that appears to work, and indeed work well, though I still have an issue with windows executable files ending up not being
executable after release from quarantine regardless of where the email was stored in an sql database or a local file.

Kind regards

Benedict White