Having problems whitelisting

Noel Jones njones at megan.vbhcs.org
Tue May 1 02:32:00 CEST 2012

On 4/30/2012 5:27 PM, The Gorf wrote:
> Hello friends, I am still struggling to make whitelisting work the
> way I need it to.  I have a very stable and happy system, but a
> couple emails still get blocked with this message:
>
> Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
> [98.139.91.83]
> blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net <http://dnsbl.sorbs.net>; Currently
> Sending Spam See:
> http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?98.139.91.83 [RCPT_TO]

It's customary to post what your logs say, rather than the (possibly
mangled) content of a bounce notice.

It looks as if you've configured postfix to reject mail with
reject_rbl_client.  You'll need to either whitelist in postfix or
remove the postfix rbl check.

If  you need more help with postfix, feel free to ask on the
postfix-users list.

  -- Noel Jones