invalid header: all-whitespace header field

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Mon Feb 13 17:43:24 CET 2012

Justin,

> > I don't see why the *destiny was D_BOUNCE, I can only guess
> > it is set to D_BOUNCE somewhere in you configuration files.
> > Check for final_destiny_by_ccat and final_bad_header_destiny.
> > Check also for the setting of $warnbadhsender.
>
> This may be the issue?  I can't find the documentation of these CC_BADH
> settings, but I can only assume I should have them as D_PASS?
>
> %final_destiny_by_ccat = (
>   CC_VIRUS,      D_DISCARD,
>   CC_SPAM,       D_DISCARD,
>   CC_BANNED,     D_BOUNCE,
>   CC_OVERSIZED,  D_BOUNCE,
>   CC_BADH.',4',  D_BOUNCE,
>   CC_BADH.',3',  D_BOUNCE,
>   CC_BADH,       D_PASS,
>   CC_UNCHECKED,  D_PASS,
>   CC_CLEAN,      D_PASS,
>   CC_CATCHALL,   D_PASS,
> );

Exactly, the:   CC_BADH.',4',  D_BOUNCE
entry is the culprit, it tells that a bad header due to a minor
contents category 4 (which is an 'empty line in header')
should be bounced. Similarly for minor ccat 3, which is
a 'NULL or CR character in header'.

You probably don't want these. Just remove the
CC_BADH.',4'  and  CC_BADH.',3' entries from %final_destiny_by_ccat.
I wonder where these came from.