invalid header: all-whitespace header field

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Mon Feb 13 16:39:42 CET 2012

Justin,

> >> Running Postfix/Dovecot with Amavis/Clam/Spamassassin.
> >> I have a Debian Squeeze mail server that was recently updated from
> >> Etch > Lenny > Squeeze. After the updates amavis is sending messages
> >> to quarantine. I can't seem to figure out why!

Which version of amavisd is that?  A 2.6.4 ?

> I have tried to sanitize my logs.  myuser at mymail.somewhere.com is my
> user. sender at somewhere.com is the sender who's mail is being blocked.
> Here is a loglevel 5 event:

Thanks. This doesn't indicate the message was quarantined.
But it does tell the message was bounced due to bad header
(empty line in a header section).

I don't see why the *destiny was D_BOUNCE, I can only guess
it is set to D_BOUNCE somewhere in you configuration files.
Check for final_destiny_by_ccat and final_bad_header_destiny.
Check also for the setting of $warnbadhsender.

$ egrep 'destiny|warnbadh|warnsender' \
    /usr/share/amavis/conf.d/* /etc/amavis/conf.d/*