retired setting "sa_spam_modifies_subj"

Mike Greene mikeg at rockisland.com
Tue Aug 7 22:32:32 CEST 2012

Hi, I'm in the process of upgrading our inbound MX servers, I've cloned one of them and proceeded to upgrade all the packages etc on it.  Everything is working with exception to modifying the subject with "***SPAM***".  We do this conditionally based on userprefs via a LDAP lookup.

(production server)

postfix-2.7.2,1
amavisd-new-2.6.4_9,1
p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.1_3

etc/amavis.conf

$sa_spam_modifies_subj = 0;
$sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM*** ';

(upgraded server)

postfix-2.9.3,1
amavisd-new-2.8.0,1
p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_6

etc/amavis.conf

#$sa_spam_modifies_subj = 0;
$sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM*** ';

# new subject modification map entries

@spam_subject_tag_maps  = (); # N.B.: inconsistent name
@spam_subject_tag2_maps = (q_ldap_b('amavisSpamModifiesSubj'),\$sa_spam_subject_tag);
@spam_subject_tag3_maps = ();

I understand that the LDAP.Schema has been changed, but for now while I test I am specifically querying the old value to get the "true / false" response.

I'm not entirely sure I have the ldap query correct, if I remove "q_ldap_b('amavisSpamModifiesSubj')," from the tag2_maps line my subject line gets modified, having it in, it doesn't, so I'm figuring it isn't right.  I've looked over the various doc files for clues and I'm not seeing any yet.

This entire system was setup by a now deceased sysadmin, so I'm jumping in trying to sort things out. First by trying to understand how the current system works and applying that to the new server. I'm close, but just need to close the gap on this last bit.

Mike Greene
Rock Island Technology Solutions, Inc.
San Juan Islands, WA. 360-378-5884 x201