Amavis and OpenDMARC

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Sat Nov 11 16:55:58 CET 2023

>to be more precise: OpenDMARC running as milter only sees output from
milters applied before it.

>Milter is run pre-queue and content_filter is run after queue, so opendmarc
does not see that amavis produced, because it was added later.

>If you used amavisd-milter at SMTP port, opendmarc could see its output.

>I run amavisd-milter at SMTP port, so it can reject spam/viruses
immediately and amavis as content-filter by default (local and trusted
submission).

So it looks like I can run amavis as content_filter AND milter. This sounds
like a good solution. Do you mind sharing your postfix config for amavis
milter? I'm assuming I need a separate program called amavis-milter?

Thanks