Amavis and OpenDMARC

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Nov 11 14:16:11 CET 2023

On 11.11.23 11:34, Damian wrote:
>You can't do that. OpenDMARC needs to see Authentication-Results for DKIM.

to be more precise: OpenDMARC running as milter only sees output from
milters applied before it.

Milter is run pre-queue and content_filter is run after queue, so opendmarc
does not see that amavis produced, because it was added later.

If you used amavisd-milter at SMTP port, opendmarc could see its output.

I run amavisd-milter at SMTP port, so it can reject spam/viruses immediately
and amavis as content-filter by default (local and trusted submission).