Amavis and OpenDMARC

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Nov 11 13:38:24 CET 2023

On 11/11/2023 20:44, Dino Edwards wrote:

>> I've seen no problems with mail from MS, so how about you elaborate on
>> your problems and what version of OD are you using?
>
> Here's the exact issue that I just ran into with o365 mail and note
> this issue was reported 3 years ago. No fix yet.
>
> https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenDKIM/issues/73
>
> Granted, is it Microsoft omitting ADMD on DKIM signatures but it's not
> like we cannot not do business with o365 customers. This particular
> issue was with one of my e-mail customers doing business with the
> secret service and that's the issue. You have high profile
> organizations using o365 and your customers don't want to hear that the
> problem is on their end. "What do you mean the problem is on their end?
> This is the secret service!. It's got to be your problem!".
>
> Here's my OpenDKIM version and related info:
>
> opendkim -V
>
> opendkim: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0
>
> Compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.1f  31 Mar 2020
>
> SMFI_VERSION 0x1000001
>
> libmilter version 1.0.1
>
> Supported signing algorithms:
>
> rsa-sha1
>
> rsa-sha256
>
> ed25519-sha256
>
> Supported canonicalization algorithms:
>
> relaxed
>
> simple
>
> Active code options:
>
> QUERY_CACHE
>
> USE_DB
>
> USE_LDAP
>
> USE_LUA
>
> USE_ODBX
>
> USE_UNBOUND
>
> _FFR_ATPS
>
> _FFR_RBL
>
> _FFR_REPLACE_RULES
>
> _FFR_SENDER_MACRO
>
> _FFR_STATS
>
> _FFR_VBR
>
> libopendkim 2.11.0: atps query_cache

OK, 2.10.3 is what we use, if you can try that? or maybe you have?

But Microsoft should be doing this correctly, try NANOG  there are a few
MS guys I know on there, or if no response there used to be a MS guy on
the mailop list, no idea if he's still there, that list is run by self
important power tripping dictators so it should be a last resort port of
call if your desperate, if it was google I could help much deeper :)

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.