Amavisd-new policy banks and sasl_username in the returning smtpd instance

Damian amavis at arcsin.de
Thu May 20 11:12:06 CEST 2021

> Could perhaps be, that Amavis is not storing the XCLIENT variable
> LOGIN (http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html
> <http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html>) in mail_via_smtp() where
> should handle LOGIN XCLIENT attribute?.

Postfix can speak XFORWARD towards Amavis, and Amavis is able to
interpret it. According to [1] there is no sasl-related attribute.

> I'm sending mail traffic to Amavis, using XCLIENT extension
I was not aware that Postfix smtp can speak XCLIENT, I only knew about
smtpd via smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts. How do you do that exactly?
Also, I do not see any XCLIENT-related Amavis code.

[1] http://www.postfix.org/XFORWARD_README.html