Undesired ban of text mail

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Sat Dec 11 17:53:14 CET 2021

On 2021-12-11 12:08, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> I find banned plain text mail as follows (- I replaced real usernames
> with user1-3):
>
> p.path BANNED:1 user3 at noa.gr: "P=p001,L=1,M=text/plain,T=exe",
> matching_key="(?^:^\\.(exe|lha|cab|dll|gz|tgz|lzh)$)"

it contains both text and a modos exe file

would it be better to use amavisd-milter, and change the banned to
reject ?

you wont miss the exe file

in case you like to debug it more

ripmime -i banned-quarntine-file -d /tmp

if it gz compressed quarantine do gzip -d first

if ls /tmp shows a exe file, you got it

upload this exe file to virustotal.com and see if its safe to use
anyway, but dont do it, never use exe file delivered in email, never
ever

> Thanks in advance,

security first