skip checking for mail address

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon May 18 19:43:00 CEST 2020

On 18.05.20 15:52, Dominic Raferd wrote:
>@whitelist_sender_maps whitelists based on either of the From header
>address or the envelope sender address.

well, I have tried to $bypass_spam_checks{'address at mail.gateway'}=1;

and with address in From: was scanned and smavisd even logged:

May 18 17:00:11 mail amavis[5414]: (05414-11) Passed CLEAN {RelayedInbound},
 [x.x.x.x]:29354 ESMTP/LMTP <> -> <redacted>, (), Queue-ID: X,
 Subject: "Quarantine Summary: [ 2 message(s) quarantined from Mon, 18 May
 2020 14:00:00 +0200 to Mon, 18 May 2", From: <address at mail.gateway>,
 helo=mail.gateway, Tests:
 [ALL_TRUSTED=-1,BAYES_40=-0.001,HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,USER_IN_DEF_WHITELIST=-15],
 autolearn=no autolearn_force=no, autolearnscore=0.001, 7810 ms

>(It is not very good behaviour
>IMO: I suspect the code was really written for @blacklist_sender_maps
>and just carried over to work with the whitelist, the behaviour is
>conservative for a blacklist but risks letting through bad stuff with
>a whitelist. I don't use this type of whitelisting at all any more.)

I agree that simply whitelisting sender is not safe.  We must make it safe
ourselves.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759