skip checking for mail address

Dominic Raferd dominic at timedicer.co.uk
Mon May 18 16:52:20 CEST 2020

On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 15:37, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote:

> seems that addresses used in bypass_virus_checks_maps and
> bypass_spam_checks_maps, are the envelope from addresses.
>
> We have gateway that sends reports with envelope addresses empty ("<>"), but
> From: in headers is in form MAILER-DAEMON at mail.gateway
>
> unfortunately, other mails come through the gateway with emppty envelope
> from, so the only address I can safely (gateway takes care of faking the
> address) whitelist is therefore the header address.
>
> is it possible to use header address in whitelisting?
>
> Or is there any trick to whitelist such address?

@whitelist_sender_maps whitelists based on either of the From header
address or the envelope sender address. (It is not very good behaviour
IMO: I suspect the code was really written for @blacklist_sender_maps
and just carried over to work with the whitelist, the behaviour is
conservative for a blacklist but risks letting through bad stuff with
a whitelist. I don't use this type of whitelisting at all any more.)