logwatch reporting Unmatched Entries

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Wed Feb 13 17:40:47 CET 2019

> This is a new, test, build on CentOS7, amavis-new 2.11.1
>
> every day I see the following in the logwatch report

> Are any of these something I should/could something about?

Logwatch is using the "logreporters" project,

 http://logreporters.sourceforge.net/

to handle the amavisd-new and postfix logs. That project is dead
upstream as far as I can tell, but I've become kind of an unofficial
maintainer, since I keep the Gentoo package up-to-date. For example, my
amavis-logwatch patches are in the "files" directory under,

 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-mail/amavis-logwatch

If you're willing to send me a sample of your logs off-list, I'll try to
come up with a patch that handles those unmatched entries. I'm hoping
that someday, someone who actually knows perl will pick up the
logreporters project again and can just merge my pile of patches.