Modules not loading

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 22:32:26 CET 2018

On 7 Feb 2018 19:47, "Patrick Ben Koetter" <p at sys4.de> wrote:

> * Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> > > Which ones do you need? Some load only if specific config options have
> > been
> > > set/enabled.
> >
> > Hi Patrick
> >
> > Without googling, I feel like I'd want...

> IIRC you need that only if you use SpamAssassins spamd daemon. Amavis is
> capable to load SpamAssassin as a module. So you shouldn't need that.

Ok.  I'll need to check.  Spamassassin is doing something but I forget the
exact config

> Did you enable spam checking in amavis?

> Dunno

> Dunno

> Dunno

> Did you configure a p0f daemon? This module should load once you tell
amavis
> where to communicate with the p0f daemon.

Not sure.  Probably.  I'll check the design doc

> Dunno

> Dunno

> Is you system using IPv6?

Indeed! It's the DNSSEC that we never got around to doing ;)

> > There might be others!
>
> Why would you want to enable them? What is it you are trying to accieve?
If
> you're trying to create a content filter with maximum efficiency it
probably
> won't get you there. "A lot won't help a lot" (a rough translation from a
> German saying)

Message understood.  My thinking is that weren't loading because of an
error.  If they aren't needed they should be completely removed.

Recently some of my users have been getting more spam than usual, so I'm
worried these should have been running and aren't.

Simon