Modules not loading

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Wed Feb 7 19:45:49 CET 2018

* Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
> On 7 Feb 2018 13:31, "Patrick Ben Koetter" <p at sys4.de> wrote:
> >
> > * Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
> > > I noticed in the log summary the following..
> > >
> > > Not loaded
> > >             ANTI-SPAM-C
> > >             ANTI-SPAM-EXT
> > >             BSMTP-out
> > >             Courier
> > >             Encode::Detect
> > >             IP::Country::Fast
> > >             Image::Info
> > >             Image::Info::BMP
> > >             Image::Info::GIF
> > >             Image::Info::JPEG
> > >             Image::Info::PNG
> > >             Image::Info::TIFF
> > >             Lookup::LDAP
> > >             Lookup::SQL
> > >             OS_Fingerprint
> > >             Pipe-out
> > >             SQL
> > >             SQL::Log
> > >             SQL::Quarantine
> > >             Tools
> > >             Unix::Getrusage
> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::Util::inet_any2n
> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::Util::inet_n2ad
> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::Util::inet_n2dx
> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::Util::ipv6_aton
> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::full6
> > >
> > > Some of these I don't need, some of these I do..
> > >
> > > But why aren't they loading? An error or config/by design?
> >
> > Which ones do you need? Some load only if specific config options have
> been
> > set/enabled.
>
> Hi Patrick
>
> Without googling, I feel like I'd want...
>
> > >             ANTI-SPAM-C

IIRC you need that only if you use SpamAssassins spamd daemon. Amavis is
capable to load SpamAssassin as a module. So you shouldn't need that.

> > >             ANTI-SPAM-EXT

Did you enable spam checking in amavis?

> > >             Encode::Detect

Dunno

> > >             IP::Country::Fast

Dunno

> > >             Image::Info
> > >             Image::Info::BMP
> > >             Image::Info::GIF
> > >             Image::Info::JPEG
> > >             Image::Info::PNG
> > >             Image::Info::TIFF

Dunno

> > >             OS_Fingerprint

Did you configure a p0f daemon? This module should load once you tell amavis
where to communicate with the p0f daemon.

> > >             Tools

Dunno

> > >             Unix::Getrusage

Dunno

> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::Util::ipv6_aton
> > >             auto::NetAddr::IP::full6

Is you system using IPv6?

> There might be others!

Why would you want to enable them? What is it you are trying to accieve? If
you're trying to create a content filter with maximum efficiency it probably
won't get you there. "A lot won't help a lot" (a rough translation from a
German saying)

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München