Bug in amavisd-new, or p5-DBD-mysql? (was: Re: false positives, tagged_above=0, and spam threshold)

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Wed Aug 29 17:35:13 CEST 2018

On 8/27/18 12:40 PM, David Newman wrote:

> Again answering my own post: After a lot of searching, I found reports
> of a previously known type-conversion bug in the Perl DBD-MySQL module
> (aka p5-DBD-mysql on FreeBSD):
>
> https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/issues/78
>
> https://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2016-December/004674.html

This post claims the problem is with amavisd-new, and not p5-DBD-mysql:

https://de.postfix.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2017-January/004711.html

Quoting: "The change is that [as of 4.038] p5-DBD-mysql now returns
mysql doubles as perl doubles and mysql floats as perl floats (and not
as a string anymore). This should be adressed [sic] by amavisd."

In a followup, the maintainer for the Debian port of amavisd-new asks
for more info to look into a patch, but that was in January 2017 and the
port is still broken.

I'm frankly not qualified to answer: Is this an amavisd problem, or a
p5-DBD-mysql problem? As it is, amavisd-new is getting bad data.

dn