false positives, tagged_above=0, and spam threshold

Dusan Obradovic dusan at euracks.net
Sat Aug 25 17:46:44 CEST 2018

> On Aug 24, 2018, at 21:56, David Newman <dnewman at networktest.com> wrote:
>
> Replying to my own message: I noticed that Spamassassin sets
> required_score to 5.0 (line 818 in the Pastebin file below), but the
> message headers and debug log show amavisd setting 'required=0' (lines
> 16 and 2445 in the Pastebin file).
>
> Why the disconnect? I don't see anything obvious in the amavisd config
> file or the amavisd MySQL database that would cause amavisd to clobber
> the SA scoring.
>
> Thanks!
>
> dn

The default global required_score is defined in amavisd.conf:
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.2;

Your SQL policy for email @. (catch all) overrides sa_tag2_level value:
lookup_sql_field(spam_tag2_level) rec=1, "user0 at example.com" result: "0"

The SQL lookup result is 0, and SA required_score for tagging is then 0. Perhaps, something is wrong with values in your SQL policy table, wrong data type?