unexpected outgoing spam classification based on X-Originating-IP

Markus Schönhaber amavis-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Sat Aug 18 17:46:31 CEST 2018

Wolfgang Rosenauer, Sa 18 Aug 2018 11:49:47 CEST:

> The IP listed above is the dialup IP used send the mail via the webmailer. It is rightfully listed in PBL because it's "dialup".
> But it only is listed/used as X-Originating-IP.

Maybe it helps if you adjust this:
<http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#originating_ip_headers_header_default_x_yahoo_post_ip_x_originating_ip_x_apparently_from_x_senderip>

OTOH: what's the point in adding an X-Originating-IP header to mails
sent by authenticated users?

Oh, BTW: IMO posting HTML to a technical mailing list is a very bad
idea. But I wasn't aware that there's yet another reason to adhere to
this opinion:

--
Regards
  mks