detect and block ACE archive

Hoyer-Reuther, Christian Christian.Hoyer-Reuther at cac-chem.de
Fri Apr 20 14:41:44 CEST 2018

> Is it possible to add map_full_type_to_short_type_re to
> /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf as any update of package is going to wipe ACE
> detection from /usr/sbin/amavisd ?

I don't know, but you can try if it works when you copy the $map_full_type_to_short_type_re section to amavisd.conf.

> Is there any chance to add a possibility to unpack ACE archives to amavisd?
> I hope that banning them completely is only temporary solution

With the ACE banning in my environment there is never a real mail blocked, but only virus mails. Maybe the spammers and virus creators love ACE archives because they know that amavis cannot handle it.