detect and block ACE archive

Marcin Rożek marcin.rozek at wum.edu.pl
Fri Apr 20 13:58:27 CEST 2018

> First you need to add the following line to $map_full_type_to_short_type_re in /usr/sbin/amavisd-new:
> $map_full_type_to_short_type_re = [
>>   [qr/^ACE archive\b/i                   => 'ace-unwanted'],   <=== add this line
>> ];
>
> This line maps the output of the file utility (…result line from file(1): p002: ACE archive data version 20…) to "ace-unwanted".
>
> Then you add "ace-unwanted" to $banned_filename_re in your config:
>
> $banned_filename_re = new_RE(
>>  qr'^\.(ace-unwanted)$'i,     <=== add this line
>>);

Thank you Christian - that worked!

Is it possible to add map_full_type_to_short_type_re to /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf as any update of package is going to wipe ACE detection from /usr/sbin/amavisd ?

Is there any chance to add a possibility to unpack ACE archives to amavisd? I hope that banning them completely is only temporary solution 😊

--
Best regards,
Marcin