Urgent:Amavisd or ClamD not blocked .exe files when change it to .pdf or .txt

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Sun Nov 5 23:19:14 CET 2017

* Razmik Baghdasaryan <razmik.baghdasaryan at gmail.com>:
> URGENT WHO CAN HELP ME ?????????
>
> Hello Dear all,
> I want to test my Zimbra Mail server and change some example.exe file into
> example.pdf or example.txt and send email into my gmail account and zimbra
> account
>
> Gmail detect that in pdf file header have .exe file and block it but Zimbra
> received it normally
>
> P.S. Our old MailServer (Only Postfix +MailScanner detect it also )
>
> In my mind it is problem!!!
> How can I block that type of files ? In my mind it's amavisd or clamd
> problem who can help me with configuration ?
> it is Urgent for me Please help

Take a look at $banned_filename_re in amavisd.conf. Most likely you haven't
enabled tests for typical exe file MIME types.

But before you do that switch back to your old mailsystem to take the urgency
out of your problem.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München