Logging IP address in error logs

Martin Schmid scm at aps-systems.ch
Thu Jan 19 17:19:08 CET 2017

Dusan, This may be true for some messages of a normal sequence.
I currently have log_level=5 and I cannot directly extract the ip from
the error line, eg 'ESMTP: notice: client broke the connection without a
QUIT ()'.
The ip may be there somewhere else but this is not suitable for fail2ban.
Of course, I can write my own version of fail2ban ...!?

--
Martin Schmid
APS systems AG, Neumatt 4, CH-4626 Niederbuchsiten