amavisd-new cpu always 100%

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:29:15 CET 2017

I also use centos on mail gateways. I have never notice such thing.

I always use Binaries

Here are my pkgs on CentOS release 6.7 (Final)

# rpm -qa |grep -i postfix
postfix-2.6.6-6.el6_7.1.x86_64

# rpm -qa |grep -i amavisd-new
amavisd-new-2.8.0-1.el6.rf.x86_64

# rpm -qa |grep -i spamassassin
spamassassin-3.3.1-3.el6.x86_64

# rpm -qa |grep -i clamav
clamav-db-0.98.4-1.el6.rf.x86_64
clamav-0.98.4-1.el6.rf.x86_64

in /etc/amavisd.conf

$unix_socketname = "$MYHOME/amavisd.sock";  # amavisd-release or
amavis-milter
               # option(s) -p overrides $inet_socket_port and
$unix_socketname

$interface_policy{'SOCK'} = 'AM.PDP-SOCK'; # only applies with
$unix_socketname

nothing wrong in my servers.

have a nice day.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am using postfix 2.6.6 on centos 6 with amavisd-new and my amavisd-new
> has been 100% cpu all day.
>
> Any suggestion where to look to reduce performance? I have 2 cpus and I am
> using max_servers = 2 and
> bypassed virus check and bypass_decode_parts set to 1. Still it is showing
> 100% cpu on 1 cpu and load
> is only 1. However it is super slow to response to type.
>
> I am connected to it through unix socket as it is running on the same
> server as postfix
>
> Short from moving it off to another server, is there any other option to
> reduce the cpu usage of amavisd-new?
>
> Thanks for your help
>

> --
> Asif Iqbal
> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

cat /etc/motd

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya