Upgrade due to CentOS 5 EOL

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Thu Apr 13 11:34:19 CEST 2017

>> On 04/12/2017 09:53 PM, Curtis wrote:
>>> Good evening all
>>>
>>> We have been running Postfix/Cyrus/Amavis on CentOS for over 10 years.
>>>
>>> Now we are faced with upgrading from CentOS 5 due to EOL. Choices
>>> are CentOS 6 and 7.  Comments as to best choice would be greatly
>>> appreciated.
Please be aware that with CentOS 6 you will not be able to run current
and futur safe TLS configurations out of the box, e.g. for IMAP with
STARTTLS or a webmailer.
"Still supported" does not mean "state of the art encryption included".
Even CentOS 7 is not at the top of it. We are currently investigating
Ubunto 16.04 LTS in comparison to CentOS 7 and Ubuntu seems to be winning.
Anyway whether we like it or not it is time to get accustomed to
systemd.....

HTH, JC