Increase spamassassin bayes99 score

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Fri Oct 14 18:33:23 CEST 2016

Thank you Dino and Kai,

I have:

    $sa_tag2_level_deflt =  5.5;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that
    level
    $sa_kill_level_deflt =  7.5;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g.
    blocks mail)

We do use RBLs at the SMTP level, greylisting, RBLs with spamassassin,
but still we have been getting a lot of spam.

Here is a blocked spamas an example:

         tests=[BAYES_99=3.5, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1,
         HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
         RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100=0.5, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100=1.886,
         RAZOR2_CHECK=0.922, RP_MATCHES_RCVD=-1.509, SPF_HELO_PASS=-0.1,
         SPF_PASS=-0.1, SUBJ_ALL_CAPS=1.506, URIBL_BLACK=1.7,
URIBL_RED=0.001]
         autolearn=disabled

I decided to configure:

    score BAYES_99  4.5 # was 3.5
    score BAYES_999 2.0 # was 0.2

because I noticed a lot of spam was correctly identified using BAYES_99
and BAYES_999, but was not getting blocked due to low scoring.

I have been monitoring spam and I think that I have a lot more blocks
and thereare no false positives at this point.

Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks (Efharisto!) again,
Nick