Increase spamassassin bayes99 score

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Fri Oct 14 14:06:48 CEST 2016

Yasou NiKo,

There are a few things that might be going on here. What is the average score of the ham e-mails that you are getting through. The reason I’m asking is can you possibly bring down your required=5.5 score? Every installation is different but our required= score is set to  3.6 and that seems to work very well. The required = score would be set in your amavis config file as follows (the parameter below is probably how it’s set in your amavis):

$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 3.6;

If your spam filter is trained properly, you should be able to bring that score down and not have to worry about false positives. Alternatively, if you really want to raise the bayes_99 score you would set it in /etc/spamasassain/local.cf as follows:

#override bayes default scores
score BAYES_99 5

But, in the grand scheme of things, your spamfilter is your very last line of defense against spam. Are you doing all you can to prevent spam from ever reaching your spam filter? Things like RBL blocking on the MTA level, graylisting etc?

Thanks

Dino
--
[hermes_logo3]
Hermes Secure Email Gateway

Download the free open-source appliance at:
http://www.deeztek.com/hermes-secure-email-gateway/