spam assassin rule to block a From address

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:09:01 CEST 2016

> The "[..]" construct is called a character class, and contains a set of characters or character ranges that should match a single character in the source. So "[0-9a-f]" matches a single character that is either a digit 0-9 or a letter a-f (those example addresses looked suspiciously like hexadecimal strings as there were no letters above f).

Yes. you are right.

I checked all email addresses begin with "airecom612+" . there were no
letters beyond f.

> The "{..}" construct is a quantifier that say how many times the previous token should match (similar to how + matches one or more times and * matches zero or more times). In this case the quantifier "{16,}" means the preceding token (a hexadecimal digit) should be repeated 16 times or more.
>
> So my example rule will only match if the email address starts with "airecom162+" followed by 16 or more hexadecimal characters just before the @-sign.

Thanks. I realized it.  I went https://regex101.com and checked.

more than 16 are matched. (below email address)

airecom612+97d7d60a91d9695c9a4240f92d5c3cae at therealizationofhealth.net

16 are matched.

airecom612+97d7d60a91d9695c at therealizationofhealth.net

below 16 are NOT matched. ( in this case 15 )

airecom612+97d7d60a91d9695 at therealizationofhealth.net

I realized everything.

Thanks for your tuition class. I feel pretty  happy. Have a happy day.
what a meritorious deed.