Question about old Amavis thread

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Fri Oct 7 19:13:03 CEST 2016

Not sure if you meant to e-mail me or Thomas but here’s my answer:

In order to assign file rules to users, you need to first have policies. Then you assign file rules to those policies and then you assign the policies to users.

In order for all that to work, you need to have a users and policy sql tables and then you configure a DSN in amavis to run queries against the users and policy tables. In particular the users table has a column called “banned_rulesnames” and in there you would put the name of the file rule you created. The users table has “policy_id” column and you set that to the id of the policy that contains the file rule.

The sql table definitions and schema for amavis can be found here:

https://amavis.org/README.sql-mysql.txt

the DSN to connect to the database I use is below. This goes in your amavis config file:

@lookup_sql_dsn = (
    ['DBI:mysql:database=amavis;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306',
     'database_user',
     'database_password']);

The SQL query I use for the users/policy tables I use is below. This also goes in your amavis config file:

$sql_select_policy = 'SELECT *, users.id FROM users,policy'.
' WHERE (users.policy_id=policy.id) AND (users.email IN (%k))';
' ORDER BY users.priority DESC';

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Dino

--
[hermes_logo3]
Hermes Secure Email Gateway

Download the free open-source appliance at:
http://www.deeztek.com/hermes-secure-email-gateway/