Sender notifications - disable? customize?

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Tue Nov 29 01:13:03 CET 2016

I understand, but you contradicted yourself when you said:

>> Does disabling $warn_offsite prevent ALL non-local notifications
>> (based on
>> $mynetworks?)? Should I set it to undef to disable?
>
> I wouldn't use warn_offsite, because it opens the door to backscatter.
> I'd
> leave it at its default, effectively disabling offsite warnings.

I'm trying to understand your particular opinion clearly. Are you saying
that you do send banned file notifications, but only to internal
senders?

As for the rest, I'm tempted to walk through the code by hand since
playing with the configuration has gotten me nowhere and seems more time
consuming. I will reply further and appreciate your guidance.

Since it appears the notification text for banned files is called
"notify_virus_sender_templ" (am I correct?), I guess it is dual-use and
will have some variables that change depending if it is a virus
situation or a banned file situation?