Formatting of SA score in Subject?

Jeff Morris jeffm859 at nullmodem.org
Thu Nov 3 22:48:27 CET 2016

On 11/3/2016 11:15 AM, Gregory Sloop wrote:
> Re: Formatting of SA score in Subj
> *D> Am 02.11.2016 um 23:58 schrieb Jeff Morris:
>
> >> When I asked before, it was suggested that I change "_SCORE_" to
> >> "_SCORE(0)_", however that did not work, it caused the literal string
> >> "_SCORE(0)_" to be inserted into my subject lines, rather than the
> >> formatted score being substituted.
>
> >> Is there any way to do this?
>
> D> Not with $sa_spam_subject_tag, but apparently with spamassassin:
>
> *D>
> https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#template_tags
>
> I believe Amavis ignores all subject tagging settings from SA. Thus
> the only way to set SA tagging options if you use Amavis is to use
> Amavis specific settings.

Exactly, and that's the problem that I'm running in to, anything I put
in my Spamassassin config gets overridden when Amavis calls Spamassassin.

Does Amavis pass the contents of $sa_spam_subject_tag directly to
Spamassassin? If so, I would think I would be able to put "_SCORE(0)_"
and have it work, since the Spamassassin docs say that's supported, yet
it doesn't work. Perhaps my version of Spamassassin doesn't support
that? I'm running Spamassassin 3.4.0-2.