amavisd-new regression suite

C.J. Collier cjcollier at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Mar 14 04:06:41 CET 2016

Hello folks,

I'm doing a quick review of the amavisd source here:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/amavisd-new/pkg-amavisd-new.git/tree/amavisd

First of all, is there an online repository upstream of this one that I
should be using instead?  The only thing I could find was the static
release .tar.xz files referenced here:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/amavisd-new/pkg-amavisd-new.git/tree/debian/watch

I would like to make some changes to address some or all of the issues
raised by perlcritic:

cjac at hype0:/usr/src/git/alioth/pkg-amavisd-new$ perlcritic amavisd | wc -l
288

But I'm afraid that I will break things if I just go hacking around in
there.  I would expect there to be a rather extensive set of tests in the
t/ directory for a project of this size.  I'm happy to contribute some if
they don't exist.  I just want to have a bit of a safety net to fall back
on.

Cheers,

C.J.