Amavis and anti-virus engine ?

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Tue Feb 23 21:14:30 CET 2016

As far as I know, Avira has also discontinued their linux product.
We have augmented clamav with the sanesecurity signatures.
I just read about the interesting YARA project and am looking into
adding these rules also.

Also we block .js and the old microsoft office formats.

Up to now this seems to work quite well, we do not see anything relevant
get through.
On our customer's mail servers we partly run the kaspersky mail scanner
which works very well.

HTH, Jakob