Amavis and anti-virus engine ?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Feb 23 19:50:25 CET 2016

* Olivier CALVANO <o.calvano at gmail.com>:
> what is the best antivirus engine for postfix/amavis ?
>
> Because with clamav, we have a big quantity of crypto locker into our mail.
> We run on CentOS 7

Good engines, which we have used in the past and would recommend are:

- Avira SAVAPI
- avast!
- Sophos

Reasons we think they are good:

- Fast
- Efficient
- Low False-Positive rate
- Low impact on system (they don't install a pletora of additional software)
- Good support

We tested and used others as well, but to they were crappy, instable and/or
the vendor left the UNIX market. Some didn't seem to be trustworthy enough to
let them handle our customers data.

You might want to check http://www.av-comparatives.org/ for regular surveys.

p at rick

--