The amavisd daemon is apparently not running, no PID file (OSX 10.11.x)

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sat Feb 13 05:58:08 CET 2016

On Feb 11, 2016, at 7:35 AM, Roland Schmid <roland.schmid at messegrafik-schreiber.de> wrote:
>> Manage these parameters via the Server.app application. It works fine this
>> way.
>>
>> If you go in the "Mail" section and enable junk mail filtering, it enables
>> Amavisd.
>
> the Server App is unreliable. That's what my experience is.

Be that as it may, changing the setting behind the Server app’s back is likely to result in much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

No one is required to user the Server app on OS X, but if one does use it, don’t go mucking about, simply use it.

--
AUDITORS OF REALITY. THEY THINK OF LIFE AS A STAIN ON THE UNIVERSE. A
PESTILENCE. MESSY. GETTING IN THE WAY. 'In the way of what?' THE