Running amavisd-new on MX hosts?

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Thu Feb 11 18:18:08 CET 2016

--On Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:56 PM +0100 Mark Martinec
<Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> wrote:

>> It's illegal to quarantine in some countries. ;)
>
> What you probably meant is that discarding a message is illegal
> (i.e. not delivering and not notifying a sender of non-delivery).
>
> Quarantining by itself is independent from the above requirement,
> although it may be subject to privacy and data retention regulations.

Hm, I thought the issue with Germany at least, was that it's not legal to
interfere with the delivery of the message.  For private e-mail, that
includes "looking" at it (such as marking it as spam, etc), depending on
the court who hears the case.  I would think quarantine would fall under
that.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernmeldegeheimnis#E-Mail

--Quanah

--